Students helping to put on Spencer’s speech at UWM claim that the Muslim Students Association was offered an advance look at the Freedom Center ad and that it was allowed to print its own response free of charge. (The words above the Freedom Center read "PAID ADVERTISEMENT". Above MSA's ad, they read "ADVERTISEMENT".)
In his letter to the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee demanding an apology for the content of the MSA’s defamatory ad, Robert Spencer noted:
“The UWM Post required, as a precondition to running our ad for our Stop the Jihad On Campus effort, that the David Horowitz Freedom Center to provide documentation for every assertion made in it. Clearly the Post didn’t hold the MSA to the same standard, as it allowed the MSA to publish vile and empty invective -- calling me a “right wing hate monger” and making numerous false claims, such as that our Stop the Jihad On Campus week is an attempt by “right wing extremists to influence U.S. elections.
· The MSA attacks me for suggesting that the world should resist Ahmadinejad. Apparently the MSA believes that free people should do nothing to resist the genocidal ambitions of a man who said that “accomplishment of a world without America and Israel is both possible and feasible.”
· The MSA equates me the mass-murderer Osama bin Laden, who is responsible for the deaths of 3,000 people on September 11, 2001 – simply because I oppose bin Laden and am trying to make sure he doesn’t succeed again in bringing his monstrous plans to fruition. Apparently here again the MSA would prefer, since it does nothing to oppose the ideology that bin Laden propagates, that free people should remain mute and passive before this threat as well.
· The MSA tries to smear me as a racist, while in reality, opposition to the genocidal and totalitarian ideology represented by the likes of bin Laden and Ahmadinejad is not a racial issue, as people of all races adhere to that ideology, and people of all races should oppose it.
· The MSA asks if I have information about them that Homeland Security and the FBI don’t have. No, I don’t: both agencies have the 1991 Muslim Brotherhood memorandum in which the MSA is named as part of the Brotherhood’s “grand jihad” aimed at “eliminating and destroying Western civilization from within and sabotaging its miserable house” so that “Allah’s religion reigns supreme over other religions.”
· The MSA claims that Sheikh Khalid Yasin did not call for the execution of gays, and claims the absence of a criminal complaint as evidence. But Yasin’s words were reported by witnesses and are in accord with Islamic law. Is the MSA willing, then, to go on record denying that Islamic law mandates execution for homosexuals, and to ask Yasin to retract his words?
· The MSA tries to hide the genocidal anti-Semitic rhetoric of Abdel Malik-Ali and the UCLA MSA behind a barrage of accusations about Israel and the Palestinians – but none of these accusations will make the calls of “Death to the Jews,” which were widely witnessed, go away.
· The MSA claims that I say that Muslims do not condemn terrorism. This is flatly false. I have written that Muslim groups in America “have condemned terrorism. Again and again.
It is a blot on the UMW Post’s record that they allowed this defamatory ad to be printed, apparently free of charge.”